Fishing at Cedar Bluff Lake, Kansas
Cedar Bluff Reservoir offers a variety of fish species that can be caught year-round. The most common types of fish that can be caught include crappie, walleye, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and catfish. Anglers can find the best fishing spots in the coves, near the dam, and around the rock formations.
- Largemouth Bass
- Smallmouth Bass
- Channel Catfish
Amenities at Cedar Bluff Reservoir, Kansas
Cedar Bluff Lake is a public lake, and no fees are required to fish. The lake has several amenities for visitors to enjoy, including a marina, boat rental, boat launch ramp, campgrounds, RV hookups, lodging, convenience store, bait and tackle, and a restaurant.
- Marina: No
- Boat Rental: No
- Boat Launch Ramp: Yes
- Campgrounds: Yes
- RV Hookups: Yes
- Lodging: Yes
- Convenience Store: Yes
- Bait & Tackle: Yes
- Restaurant: No
Available Activities at Cedar Bluff Reservoir, Kansas
In addition to fishing, visitors can enjoy a variety of other activities at Cedar Bluff Lake, including hiking, biking, boating, swimming, and wildlife viewing.
Pros and Cons of Cedar Bluff Reservoir, Kansas
- Free fishing
- A variety of fish species available
- Good fishing spots in coves, near the dam, and around the rock formations
- Amenities such as campgrounds, RV hookups, lodging, convenience store, and bait and tackle available
- Other activities available including hiking, biking, boating, swimming, and wildlife viewing
- Pets are allowed in the park on a leash
- Campsite reservations can be made in advance
- No marina or boat rental available
- No restaurant available
What are the park hours?
Cedar Bluff State Park is open year-round, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Do I need a fishing license to fish at Cedar Bluff Lake?
Yes, a Kansas state fishing license is required to fish at Cedar Bluff Lake.
Are pets allowed in the park?
Yes, pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.
Can I reserve a campsite in advance?
Yes, reservations can be made online or by calling the park office.