Fishing at Johnson Lake, Nebraska
Johnson Lake offers a variety of fish to catch, including bass, crappie, catfish, and bluegill. The best places to find each type of fish vary depending on the time of year and weather conditions.
- Smallmouth bass
- Channel catfish
- Flathead catfish
- Black crappie
- White bass
- Yellow Perch
Amenities at Johnson Lake, Nebraska
Johnson Lake has several amenities for visitors to enjoy.
- Marina: Yes
- Boat Rental: No
- Boat Launch Ramp: Yes
- Campgrounds: Yes
- RV Hookups: Yes
- Lodging: Yes
- Convenience Store: Yes
- Bait & Tackle: Yes
- Restaurant: Yes
Available Activities at Johnson Lake, Nebraska
In addition to fishing, visitors can also enjoy boating, camping, hiking, and swimming at Johnson Lake.
- Public lake with a variety of fish species available
- Marina, boat launch ramp, campgrounds, RV hookups, lodging, convenience store, bait & tackle, and restaurant available
- Activities like boating, camping, hiking, and swimming offered
- Pets are generally allowed with certain restrictions
- No boat rental available
- Can get crowded during peak season
- Some areas may have heavy boat traffic
Is there a fee to access Johnson Lake?
There may be a fee for using certain facilities and amenities at Johnson Lake, such as camping or boat launch sites. Contact the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission or visit their website for up-to-date fee information.
What kind of fish can be found in Johnson Lake?
Johnson Lake is home to a variety of fish species, including largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, white bass, walleye, crappie, bluegill, catfish, and yellow perch.
Are pets allowed at Johnson Lake?
Pets are generally allowed at Johnson Lake but must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Be sure to clean up after your pet and follow any posted regulations.