Fishing at Pomona Lake, Kansas
Pomona Lake is a popular destination for anglers, offering an abundance of fish species. The most common types of fish that can be caught include white crappie, white bass, largemouth bass and hybrid striped bass.
Some of the best spots for catching each type are as follows:
- Channel Catfish
- White crappie
- Largemouth bass
- White Bass
- Hybrid striped bass
- Blue catfish
Amenities at Pomona Lake, Kansas
Pomona Lake offers a variety of amenities for visitors to enjoy:
- Marina: Yes
- Boat Rental: Yes
- Boat Launch Ramp: Yes
- Campgrounds: Yes
- RV Hookups: Yes
- Lodging: Yes
- Convenience Store: Yes
- Bait & Tackle: Yes
- Restaurant: Yes
Available Activities at Pomona Lake, Kansas
In addition to fishing, visitors can enjoy swimming, boating, hiking, and picnicking at Pomona Lake.
Pros and Cons of Pomona Lake, Kansas
- Public lake with no entrance fee
- Abundant fish species for anglers
- Wide variety of amenities, including marina, boat rentals, campgrounds, and more
- Multiple recreational activities, such as swimming, boating, hiking, and picnicking
- Pets allowed on a leash
- Open year-round with varying hours for amenities and facilities
- Visitors may experience crowded conditions during peak seasons.
Is there an entrance fee for Pomona Lake?
There is no entrance fee for the lake, but certain activities or amenities may require additional fees.
Are pets allowed at Pomona Lake?
Yes, pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash at all times.
What are the hours of operation for Pomona Lake?
Pomona Lake is open year-round, with specific hours for various amenities and facilities.