Fishing at Wagon Train Lake, Nebraska
Wagon Train Lake is home to a variety of fish species, including largemouth bass, channel catfish, black crappie, walleye, bluegill, redear sunfish, yellow perch, and muskie. Anglers can find the best fishing spots by targeting underwater structures such as submerged timber, weed beds, and drop-offs.
- Largemouth bass
- Channel catfish
- Black crappie
- Redear Sunfish
- Yellow Perch
Amenities at Wagon Train Lake, Nebraska
Wagon Train Lake has a variety of amenities to offer visitors, including:
- Marina: No
- Boat Rental: No
- Boat Launch Ramp: Yes
- Campgrounds: Yes
- RV Hookups: Yes
- Lodging: Nearby
- Convenience Store: Nearby
- Bait & Tackle: No
- Restaurant: Nearby
Available Activities at Wagon Train Lake, Nebraska
In addition to fishing, visitors to Wagon Train Lake can enjoy a variety of other activities such as boating, hiking, picnicking, and wildlife viewing.
- Public lake managed by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
- Home to a variety of fish species
- Scenic surroundings
- Boat launch ramp available
- Campgrounds and RV hookups on site
- Nearby lodging, convenience store, and restaurant
- Additional activities such as boating, hiking, picnicking, and wildlife viewing
- No marina or boat rental facilities
- No on-site bait & tackle shop
Is a fishing license required to fish at Wagon Train Lake?
Yes, a valid Nebraska fishing license is required for anyone over the age of 16.
Are there any size or creel limits on fish caught at Wagon Train Lake?
Yes, there are size and creel limits for certain species of fish at Wagon Train Lake. Anglers should check the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission website for more information.
Are boats allowed on Wagon Train Lake?
Yes, boats are allowed on Wagon Train Lake. A boat launch ramp is available for public use.