Fishing at Wilson Lake, Kansas
Wilson Lake is well-known for its diverse fish species and prime fishing spots. The most common types of fish that can be caught include blue catfish, white crappie, channel catfish, and redear sunfish. Some of the best places to find various types of fish include the rocky shores and submerged structures.
- White crappie
- Channel catfish
- Smallmouth bass
- Redear sunfish
- White perch
- White bass
- Striped bass
- Largemouth bass
- Blue catfish
Amenities at Wilson Lake, Kansas
Wilson Lake offers numerous amenities for a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Marina: Yes
- Boat Rental: No
- Boat Launch Ramp: Yes
- Campgrounds: Yes
- RV Hookups: Yes
- Lodging: Nearby
- Convenience Store: Nearby
- Bait & Tackle: Yes
- Restaurant: Nearby
Available Activities at Wilson Lake, Kansas
In addition to fishing, visitors can enjoy various activities such as boating, hiking, swimming, picnicking, birdwatching, and camping at Wilson Lake.
Pros and Cons of Cedar Bluff Lake, Kansas
- Public lake with easy access
- Diverse fish species and prime fishing spots
- Various outdoor activities available, such as boating, hiking, swimming, and birdwatching
- Ample amenities, including a marina, boat launch ramp, campgrounds, and RV hookups
- Nearby lodging, convenience stores, and restaurants
- Pets allowed on a leash
- No boat rentals available on-site
Is there a fee to fish at Wilson Lake?
Yes, a Kansas fishing license is required, and additional fees may apply for specific fishing activities.
Are pets allowed at the lake?
Yes, pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash and under control at all times.
What are the hours of operation for the lake and its facilities?
The lake and its facilities are open weekdays from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Closed Saturday/Sunday.